Why St. Luke’s?
Why do I go to church at all?
- To stay in touch with the Transcendent.
What has St. Luke’s got that makes it important to me that I go there
- I get some practical help in learning how to live a more fulfilled life.
- I learn how I might participate in creating a more just and peaceful world.
- I get to see my best friends, all in one place, who share my interests in trying to stay in touch with their spirituality.
- I get to be with people whom I love and who love me in return.
- I get to hear an organ concert just about every week
- I feel enriched when we use our ancient liturgies: I feel a sense of “oneness” with Christians of ages past.
- I get to ask any question regarding my understanding of what it means to be a Christian. My questions are taken seriously, not minimized, and my concerns about my faith are met with love and concern.
- Not least of my reasons is that I’m a creature of habit and church is simply what I do on Sunday morning.
- It’s the place where I feel most at home.
By Karl Doege