The women of St. Luke’s come together for worship, study, ministry and play to strengthen our spiritual lives. Our commitment to one another is to provide a safeplace to become the person God created each of us to be. We share Fruit, Cheese and Bread on the first Sunday of the month at 5:30 p.m. in the Great Hall at St. Luke’s. The Group is currently Reading and Discussing “How to Increase Your Inner Guide”. by Lee Coit.
- Finance and cook dinner for the Bread of Life/Hospitality House once a year (first time will be August 15, 2012)
- Sponsor a mentoring program for the girls of the church (first event February 11, 2012)
- Sponsor a seminar for the church regarding Living Wills, Wills, Power of Attorney, etc.
- Work in the Mary Boyer Garden this summer with women from the Hispanic community
- Clean the church kitchen twice a year
- Continue working with the Junaluska Community and the Boone Mennonite Brethren Church
- Women’s beach trip, May 21-25
- Discussion of options for education and study at future meetings
For further information, please either call the Office (828-264-8943), or email (by clicking here).
Come join the fun. It’s a great way to meet and enjoy the women of St. Luke’s.